- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Persons
- Spray with extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-pound onion
- Two apples, Granny Smith
- One quart of water
- One tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- One tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- One teaspoon of brown sugar
- One tablespoon fresh rosemary, plus a few stems for decoration
- Two tbsp. currants (dry)
- Two tbsp butter (unsalted)
- Eight oz. chicken
- A quarter-cup of white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spritz with olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set a pan over medium heat and coat with extra virgin olive oil spray; put onions and sauté for approximately four minutes, or until transparent.
- Cook for approximately five minutes, or until the apples begin to brown.
- Cook till apples are soft, stirring in water, lime juice, vinegar, and sugar.
- Stir in the rosemary and currants, simmer for approximately 2 minutes while stirring constantly, then divide over two dishes and keep warm in the oven.
- In the same pan, melt the butter until it foams.
- Stir in the liver and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the exterior is browned.
- Distribute the liver amongst the two apple-onion plates. To deglaze the pan, add white wine and simmer till the liquid is dropped by half, then pour equal quantities over each dish. Serve with a sprig of fresh rosemary on top.
Calories: 310 – Fat: 8.8g – Protein: 10.2g – Carbs: 49.4g