- Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 complete skinless chicken legs, divided into thighs and drumsticks
- 1 cup low-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3/4¾ cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup green olives pitted and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- Preheat to 350°F in your oven.
- Over medium heat, heat extra virgin olive oil in a Dutch oven or a large ovenproof skillet.
- In the skillet, add the chicken pieces and sauté for around 5 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides and crisped.
- To a tray, move the cooked chicken and set it aside.
- Cook, stirring, for around 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent and soft. Lower heat to medium-low and add the garlic, onion, carrots, and ginger to the same skillet.
- Stir in sugar, broth of chicken, and wine; bring to a gentle boil mixture.
- Set the chicken back in the pot and stir in the thyme.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil then cover it.
- For about 45 minutes, switch to the oven and braise.
- Take the pot out of the oven and add chickpeas, olives, and grapes.
- Return to the oven and braise for 20 more minutes, uncovered.
- Take the skillet out of the oven, then discard the thyme.
- Instantly serve.
Calories: 340 – Fat: 23g – Protein: 22g – Carbs: 9g