- Total time: 1 hour
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Creole Seasoning Mix
- ½ small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups eggplant, peeled and diced into small pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, boiled and chopped
- 6 ounces queen crab meat
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup white rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces cooked shrimp
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the eggplant for 5 minutes in shallow saucepan water – filled over moderate flame. Put in a large basin after draining.
- Set aside a baking tray greased with butter.
- Over medium heat, heat the oil in a sizable pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, or till the onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper are soft.
- Put the eggplant with the sautéed tomatoes, lemon juice, hot sauce, Creole seasoning, rice, and egg.
- To mix, swirl all together.
- Mix the shrimp and crab meat in a large dish.
- Fill the casserole dish with the casserole batter and pat down the upper side.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or once the rice is ready, the casserole is
- cooked through.Enjoy hot.
Calories: 537 – Fat: 11g – Protein: 79g – Carbs: 25g