- Total time: 30 minutes
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Two tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- One medium orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- One scallion, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. cumin, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp. allspice, plus a pinch
- Two eggs
- Two egg whites
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup white cheddar, shredded
- One medium avocado, diced
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- Two whole-wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- Over medium heat, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add bell pepper, toss and turn until soft for 5 minutes; add corn, scallion, cumin, and allspice, and cook until the scallion wilts for another 3 minutes.
- On a pan, pour this out and cover it with foil.
- With a paper towel, wipe the pan clean and set it aside.
- Put the eggs and egg whites in a cup and whisk together two teaspoons of water, a pinch of spice, and a cinnamon pinch.
- Over medium heat, heat the remaining olive oil in the pan and add the egg mixture.
- Cook for approximately 30 seconds until the bottom is set, then stir gently.
- Continue stirring for around 2 minutes, then add the shredded cheese and vegetables covered in foil.
- Serve with avocado, tortillas, and salsa.
Calories: 222 – Fat: 6g – Protein: 8g – Carbs: 32g