- Total time: 35 minutes
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cups soy milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous, uncooked
- ¼ cup currants, dried
- ½ cup apricots, dried
- 4 tsp. sun butter, melted and divided
- 6 tsp. brown sugar, divided
- 1 pinch salt
- On medium heat, put a saucepan and pour in the soy milk and the cinnamon stick.
- Let it heat for 3 minutes or until the pan’s inner part starts to form tiny bubbles; don’t let it boil.
- Stir in the couscous, currants, apricots, salt, and 4 tablespoons of sugar and remove the saucepan from the sun.
- Place the pan with a lid and let it stand for 20 minutes. Remove the stick of cinnamon.
- Divide the couscous into four bowls and finish with 1⁄2 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of melted butter.
- Serve it wet.
Calories: 456 – Fat: 19g – Protein: 6g – Carbs: 68g